Creator of Balance in Flow programme for artists.
Therapist specialised in the education and the arts.
Ivana Saldaña had an artistic career spanning over a decade in Spain and the US. Settled in San Francisco, she made the transition from the Art of Dance to the Art of Healing.
She holds a private Shiatsu/NLP practice in London since 2000 treating in one to one sessions people of various backgrounds such as artists in various fields, athletes and people with health issues from the elderly to newborns.
Ivana's felt the need to share her new vision and expertise with a wider audience and bring back to the ballet world where she started all the professional experience she gathered through the years to contribute to the development of new dancers.
The Programme was born in 2009 when Ivana integrated her own experience as dancer, her own challenges as a student and a professional with the knowledge she acquired as a health therapist to benefit the physical, mental and emotional levels.
Since then, Balance in Flow has been expanding reaching
more students and professional Artists in Spain and England.
BALANCE IN FLOW FOR DANCERS:
Ivana is a pioneer in bringing tools in Coaching and Mindfulness into the ballet studio.
For over a decade, she shared her Program for Dancers working individually/groups with the students and the teachers in different schools like:
- The Royal Ballet School
- English National Ballet School,
- Central School of Ballet, in London.
- IBstage International Summer Program, in Barcelona.
- Conservatorio Profesional Danza Fortea
- Conservatorio Profesional Danza Carmen Amaya, in Madrid...... and many more (visit gallery)
BALANCE IN FLOW FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS:
Ivana also designed a programme in the field of education to boost confidence facing exams and
enhance learning in the following schools:
- London Borough of Waltham Forests: Newport School, Dawlish School among others...
BALANCE IN FLOW FOR WOMEN'S HEALTH:
She created a couple of programmes to support women's needs.
- Wellbeing programme aimed at women from diverse social contexts.
- Wellbeing Program for mothers and their young children to learn tools to relax and to connect.
GENERAL PUBLIC EVENTS:
- Art2Be Day at The Jetty, London
- Wide Open School Programme at Hayward Gallery, London
Shiatsu sessions for injury prevention and recovery at
- The San Francisco Ballet and SFB School.
- The San Francisco Orchestra musicians.
Ivana is a former professional ballet dancer at Ballet Clásico de Zaragoza; Ballet Nacional de España Clásico and as a freelance performer in the San Francisco Bay Área
She also took part in different Festivals such, among many others, Festival International de la Habana, Cuba; Festival International de Teatro Clásico de Merida and Festival Internacional de Música y Danza Granada in Spain; Joyce Theatre in N.Y. for El Día de la Hispanidad.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING IN HEALING THERAPIES
- Certified Shiatsu Practitioner, Zen School of Shiatsu London, accredited by Middesex University.
- NLP Master Practitioner at Healing NLP London.
- Taoist Practices at Universal Healing Tao, with Master Kris Deva North.
- Kwan Yin Qigong with its creator, Master Anamarta Antunes.
- First qualification as Shiatsu Practitioner, San Francisco School of massage, Irene Newmark.
- Extended Training in Orthobionomy with Janice Kroasen.
- Iyengar Yoga Training with Donna Farhi
- Brima Bodywork with Barry Kapkle; Taiichi Training with Jonathan Russel;
- Healing Training with Debora Hunter; Hilot Therapy with Jeff Cohen.
Ivana was very fortunate to train from and early age in Ballet with Maria de Avila and Lola de Avila as well as with Cristina Miñana. She also trained in Contemporary Dance with Susan Burnet and acting with Toni Madigan at the Estudio de Danza Maria de Avila in Zaragoza. During her early career, she has also undergone training with Azari Plisetsky, Karemia Moreno, John Prince, Kaleria Fedicheva among many others…..